We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Is the road still dangerous? Any advice on how best to go from San Ignacio to Tikal, overnight at (or very near) Tikal) and then return would be much appreciated.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Thousands make that trip with no problems. Lots of advice on getting there here:

www.belizebus.wordpress.com

My best advice is to actually stay IN the park (my favorite is Tikal Inn www.tikalinnsunrise.com ) and to try to arrange a tour or tours with Roxy Ortiz:

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

This comes up a lot so try a forum search, too. Happy trails!

CAYO BELIZE
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

TiKal is pretty safe to travel, my best advice would be ,by booking you overnight stay through a licensed tour operator, you can check with BZMTOURS , at info@bzmtours.com , they are the number one pioneer , when it comes to booking,traveling and tours. at a very reasonable price all inclusive

fresno
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Tikal Inn has a shuttle service. I believe its $35 pp. Im not sure if you are required to stay at the hotel to utilize their shuttle. We are staying overnight and using the shuttle both ways.

Hopkins
Level Contributor
782 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

I know you don't have to be staying there to use the shuttle out. I didn't even know they had a shuttle both ways. Can you post a link, so the OP (and the rest of us) know how to contact them. It is a great service at a very reasonable price. And I think the only way is to stay at the park. I stayed at Jaguar Lodge.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Here's the Tikal Inn's website:

www.tikalinnsunrise.com

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,416 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

I booked the shuttle (to and from San Ignacio) with them recently and sent an email to both the yahoo and the gmail address. They have offices in Flores and at Tikal. The person answering the gmail was much more professional and responsive FWIW.

Brooklyn, New York...
Level Contributor
9 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Hello,

I am staying one night in Tikal Inn and traveling to and from San Ignacio. Tikal hires an outside company which will pick us up at our hotel in San Ignacio and drops us off. I was quoted for $40 per person each way which judging from most review is pretty fair.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

I had friends do it yesterday, and they said it was a fun ride. It took them 3.5 hours each way, and that was with getting lost for a few minutes too. They said they only went around 45mph or so.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

Found it simple a shuttle from

S.I to Flores where my hostel

Los Amigos organised all day

Tikal tours

They were excellent

10. Re: Overnight at Tikal from San Ignacio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:20