We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Going to Belize January 14-18 want to leave January 19 morning to get to playa. We will have 7 passengers . What are our options? Any help appreciated :)

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
280 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

A private transfer might be the easiest way to go, http://www.roambelize.com/transfers/ offer transfers all the way to Cancun from anywhere in Belize.

Option two would be by bus, get to Belize City and take the ADO bus.

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Thank you for the input :)

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Or, a transfer from Cayo to Chetumal. From there, catch an ADO bus to Playa. Very comfortable ride on Mexican buses. They're very nice, although dress warmly, they keep the a/c on high....

We just took the bus last week from Chetumal to Tulum. Actually ended up on a second class bus, just missed the first class one. It was still pretty nice. Comfortable and air conditioned. Cost wise, I don't know how it would compare with seven of you traveling. With just two of us, the bus was much, much cheaper.

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Thanks so much. I did check price of the first suggestion it will be 650.00 us . We were hoping to spend a little less so I will check into this option for sure.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

A quick search on the Mexican bus site shows tickets from Chetumal to Playa del Carmen are between 200 and 270 pesos per person.

The two of us paid US$35.00 to transfer between the Corozal airstrip and the bus station in Chetumal. I have no idea what the cost would be from Cayo.

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

Thank you so much we really appreciate your response. We are all looking online and trying to see how to get from cayo early enough to enable options . Thanks again

7. Re: Travel from Cayo , Belize to Playa, Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:17