We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yaxha

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
yaxha

Are there day trips from San Ignacio to Yaxha? Or is it possible to go there independently? I see a problem getting from the main road to the park if using a bus.

Thanks

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yaxha

Should be; ask the Cayo guides who offers this alone. There are many impressive sites in the area. El Sombrero lodge closest to overnight

Edited: 03 February 2014, 17:54
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yaxha

You'd need to arrange transportation, either with an agency in SI, with a guide or agency on the Guatemala side, or with a driver on the spot when you cross the border. I visited with Roxy Ortiz and would do it again in a heartbeat.

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yaxha

thanks hopefulist for the advise. I have corresponded with Roxy. Since I am traveling solo and on a budget, it make it difficult to use a guide of her caliber. My only problem going independently is the distanc from the main road to the park. I will ask around in SI when I arrive.

thanks

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yaxha

I think you're looking at a private driver who will have to wait for you before taking you to the next stop or at least to the road to catch a passing bus. Note the buses head to Flores, not to Tikal in case you're heading that way. Lots of info here:

www.belizebus.wordpress.com

Edited: 03 February 2014, 19:19
5. Re: yaxha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:19