We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather? Not sure how to pack.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather? Not sure how to pack.

I feel a little silly asking this on a forum board, but I can't seem to get good information from weather underground or my other usual weather sites.

We are heading to San Ignacio next week. Someone mentioned that it can get very cold - down in the 50s - at night. Is this right? Do I need to pack jackets and sweaters, footed sleepers for the kids? Or is it basically warm? (I assume there is no heating anywhere). Shorts and T-shirts during the day?

Thanks if anyone knows what February weather is like!

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather? Not sure how to pack.

See if this link helps. Its from AmbergrisCaye.com but I think it includes San Ignacio.

ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/weather3.html

When we were in San Ignacio in Feb 2005, it was scorching hot. It had been chilly but not when we were there.

You need to pack something to wear when you get home. It might be cold here. Last Feb we had to get the snow off the car. I took heavy socks to wear under sandals, long but light wt pants and a light jacket. It was fine to get the car going but I wouldn't have wanted to be out that way a long time.

boston
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather? Not sure how to pack.

We just came back a week ago. It wasnt so much cold as wet. Definetly bring a rain proof jacket. And some clothes you wont mind throwing away! If you're doing any of the jungle or caving tours, you'll never be able to wash out your clothes. Also water shoes..or good shoes to walk through rivers in. For caving, i would bring an extra bright, waterproof flashlight, the guides have them but if you bring your own its much more enjoyable.

I also recommend bringing light, breathable long sleeved shirts and pants for the jungle walks. There are definetly alot of bugs and you'll want to put on bugspray over clothes, it's just easier.

3. Re: Weather? Not sure how to pack.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 14:18