We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butchies.... Only if you want to be cheated

Corozal Belize
3 posts
Save Topic
Butchies.... Only if you want to be cheated

Butchies has a nice porch with a great view of the bay. It has the nice breezes. Could be a bit of paradise. However my two visits taught me that dishonesty is a key value at Butchies. Both times my bill was padded. Ordering from the menu, portions of the meal were never served. When the total was asked for there was no written bill, only a verbal "You owe..." Each time it was dollars more than the menu prices.The second time this happened I asked to see a bill. It was presented "Gringos..." The written prices were not those in the menu, a gringo tax I suppose. When I questioned this the owner became quite nasty. I remained civil, paid and left. It is appearent that tourists are seen as fair game to be cheated. I will not return during the next week or so I am here, and would encoursge you to stay away unless you want to be cheated.

1. Re: Butchies.... Only if you want to be cheated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Corozal Town
Recent Conversations
More Corozal Town Topics