We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

Is it possible to float down the Caves Branch River without going through a tour operator? I have read many TripAdvisor questions and comments, and done several web searches, and all searches lead to Caves Branch Jungle Lodge and Tours. We will be driving from Placencia and San Ignacio and would simply like to stop off the highway and float down the river! I realize that's over simplifying it, but the point is really that we don't need to go through all the effort of scheduling a tour bus, etc. etc., We just need to rent some tubes and find an entrance point. Thanks for the advice!

6 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

One more point, lest I seem like a dolt. I realize we'll need to be picked up and carried back to the entrance point. I'm just looking for the basics, much like we have where I live, where you can just arrive at the park, pay $25 to rent a tube and hop on a van, and the vans just circle from point picking up tubers. Is there anything like that, or do we really need to pay the $$$ to go through a tour operator? Thanks for any advice!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

Caves Branch Jungle Lodge tubing is full day and accessed from the Hummingbird hywy. Shorter cave floats accessed from the Western Hywy and a multitude of guides there to choose from. You'll need a guide and pay for the national park entry fee as well.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

You're required to have a guide when cave tubing. If you want to tube on your own, you could tube the Mopan river in Bullet Tree Falls. You can easily arrange to have a guide from Caves Branch Jungle Lodge take you tubing. Have fun!

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

There is rivers u can do it on, but these caves are dark, rapids can be dangerous if u don't know, where they leads, but if its a cheaper tour u looking for, hit me up, I could turn u to the right ppl

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

Hey there, I was curious which tubing tours are on the cheaper side? trying to stay on a budget but this seems like a must do.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour

Cheaper if you just drive to Caves Branch Outpost and tell them you want a tour. When you turn off the main highway there will be guides who will try to stop you and tell you you must have a guide (trying to get business for themselves) but keep on driving until the end of the road to the outpost http://cavebranchoutpost.com/index.html They will assign you a guide. This is not as long a tour as the one starting from Ian Anderson's cave branch which is off of the Hummingbird highway but can easily be combined with a tour of the zoo which is very near the entrance road. The road was quite rough when we visited 3 years ago so a high clearance vehicle is nice to have but we saw many regular cars traversing as well.

Edited: 06 July 2017, 14:49
Reply to: Cave Tubing the Caves Branch River without a tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stann Creek