We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dangriga or Hopkins?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dangriga or Hopkins?

Hi, I am planning a trip to Belize and would like to do some activities in Stan Creek. What area would be the better place to stay for me, Dangriga or Hopkins, considering that I am coming from Belize City by bus?

Also, what is your top 3 things to do in Stan Creek?

Thank you for your help,

Math

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dangriga or Hopkins?

We hugely prefer Hopkins to Dangriga, although the bus schedule is a little limiting. You can read about it here:

www.belizebus.wordpress.com

Swimming in the ocean, an evening of Garifuna drumming at the Lebeha center in Hopkins, and hiking in the Cockscomb Reserve are 3 favorites of mine.

www.lebeha.com

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dangriga or Hopkins?

I don't if anyone can guess which place you would like better.

For me, I'd skip both and stay in Placencia. For you, I'd suggest seeing both places. Stay the first night in Dangriga, that should be enough time to see the town & the Garifuna Museum, then move on to Hopkins.

3. Re: Dangriga or Hopkins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Stann Creek