We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

Irvine
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

My fiance and I are thinking of going to Belize for our honeymoon. We are limited in number of days, we can only travel from July 4 to July 9. We are adventurous and would like to include activities such as zip-lining, cave tubing, horse back riding, and the Black Hole Drop (we are really interested in this!). But then we want at least one day near the beach so we can snorkel or maybe scuba. With only 6 days, would we be able to do both jungle and beach? If so, should we stay in one place (like a beach hotel) and travel out for the adventure tours in the jungle? Or should we break our trip into two parts and stay at a hotel in the jungle for a few days, then a hotel at the beach for a few days? Also, which hotels would be recommended? We would like some luxury as it is our honeymoon, but nothing too extravagant (maybe $200-$250/night?). Any help/suggestions given would be greatly appreciated!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,944 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

The usual beachy places are Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, and Placencia. I'm not sure you can connect with the Black Hole Drop from any of them since that particular adventure is specific to Caves Branch Adventure Lodge.

www.cavesbranch.com

It's spendy, but would be a great base for the BH Drop and a visit to the ATM cave, a highlight of our 2009 visit. The Waterfall caves trip is another adventurous one, though these are all full day trips so you'd need to stay at least 3 nights there to do them all. You should visit the zoo coming or going imo.

www.belizezoo.org

You could stay could stay on either Ambergris or Caulker for your last few nights. My photos, blogs, and travelogues are below if you're interested. Congratulations and happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Hopkins
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

Split your 6 days between Ian Anderson's Caves Branch and either Hamanasi or Jaguar Reef/Almond Beach in Hopkins. Jaguar Reef may be able to do a package deal with Ian Anderson's, so I would ask them first.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

The Placencia Hotel has a wonderful Honey Moon Package for 3 days theplacencia.com/placencia-hotel/…honeymoons and you can split your days with Ian Anderson Caves Branch... http://cavesbranch.com who offers everything from Cave Tubing to Horsebacking riding and the must do Blue Hole Drop... I did it a few years back and it was awwwwweeesome.Been planning to do it again my self but have not had the time... It is a must do.

4. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 14:43
5. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 12:52
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

With 5 nights in country, you could split your trip but you will lose some time traveling. I would recommend staying at one of the beach resorts in Hopkins as it is a good location for inland tours as well as being on the beach. I personally like Almond Beach/Jaguar Reef. I see you are asking this in the Dangriga forum, and that would be a good location too although it is not as "beachy" in the tourism/resort sense,but awesome culturally. In Dangriga, I recommend Pelican Beach Resort.

Maryville, TN
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

I took a trip with my wife to Hopkins. After I did a review of the options, I booked a trip at Hamanasi with Adventure Life who also arranged a stay near San Ignacio at Pook's Hill. It was a good combination, and Hamanasi is a very romantic place for a honeymoon.

8. Re: Need Help Planning Honeymoon in Belize

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 04:15