We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in Dangriga

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight in Dangriga

I am going out to Glover's for a week. I decided to come down to Dangriga a day early just to decompress. I was thinking about staying at Pelican Beach, mostly because that is where they will pick me up. But is that walking distance to town? Would I feel safe walking back by myself after having dinner in town (after dark)? The next day, I envisioned just wandering around Dangriga, checking it out and having a leisurely lunch before I meet the boat, but then the place I am staying told me they have some people going to Cockscomb Basin for a tour that I could join. Would I regret missing that? Thanks for the input.

Mentioned in this post
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
132 Reviews
Dangriga, Belize
Brantford, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Overnight in Dangriga

We picked Dangriga only because we have friends living there and we plan on spending our retirement in volunteer missionary work there for 6 months next year. If Hopkins is not too far from Dangriga and renting a furnished apt for five days this time around is an option, then we will give serious consideration to dropping anchor there. Our daughter lives in La Ceiba, Honduras. We were hoping to find reasonable accommodations in Dangriga for the short term and then make some arrangements to return for the long term next January.

Mentioned in this post
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
La Ceiba
La Ceiba
Atlantida Department, Honduras
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,242 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Overnight in Dangriga

Sounds good - sorry I can't help more!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Overnight in Dangriga

Gatopaja, not sure if you're still checking this string, but I loved reading your response here! We're heading to Chaa Creek in March then going to Pelican Resort on SWC. On the day we have planned to travel between the two, I thought a stop at Mama Noots Eco Lodge for a waterfall hike and a walk around Dangriga would be a nice way to spend the day (all arranged through Pelican Beach Dangriga since we won't have our own car). We're travelling with our two boys, ages 9 & 11, and I love the idea of seeing a town not considered touristy. I was trying to find some research on it and most posters choose Hopkins or Placencia...I was starting to doubt my decision and then reading your post clinched it for a visit to Dangriga for us. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
132 Reviews
Dangriga, Belize
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
14. Re: Overnight in Dangriga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2017, 22:17