We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

What is the cheapest airfare to be found from US to BZE? We've been to Placencia one time and are addicted...in search of our return.

Please include month, year, airline, origin airport, was it same-day service or overnight flight, points option used...the more detail the better.

We went in September (28th) 2016 from TYS on United and it was $1,100 w/ less than $200 worth of points & same-day service.

Then, the Tropic Air was $400 roundtrip for two (worth every penny).

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
17 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

My cheap fares were so long ago as to be irrelevant. The fact that I paid $250.00 from the Midwest 10 years ago won't help you.

If you have more time than money, you could always look into flights into Cancun. Last year I flew one way from Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun for about US$100.00. I think the year before it was around US$300.00 round trip. This is on Spirit. Two years ago, we spent the night in Chetumal, arranged a transfer to the Corozal airstrip and flew on to San Pedro. There are now flights from Chetumal to BZE on Tropic, or, there will be next month.

If you don't want to do both ways through Cancun, look into flying into BZE and home from Cancun, or, vice versa. We take a couple days working our way up the Yucatan. We've enjoyed our short stays in either Tulum, Playa Del Carmen, and Puerto Morelos.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Chetumal
Chetumal
Quintana Roo, Mexico
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
619 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

We paid $340 pp on American round trip for this coming February. Got the tickets early July. From RAleigh-Durham NC.

Price was so good our friends are coming in from neighboring states to fly with us.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

I just bought tickets yesterday - United from Newark,NJ to Belize City - $273!!! Going in February 2017.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

Thank you! This is really helpful! I'm finding this information very useful. We're able to drive to NC to offset the cost, or at least stay overnight a couple of nights and STILL be way below what we paid!!!!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

Wow, bafrish! That's a steal!!!! Thanks for the information!

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
619 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

That is a great price from Newark!!!!

For NC Raleigh was only place with low fares. Other places like Greensboro or Charlotte were up a couple hundred. We're lucky and live less than 30 min from RDU.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Fairless Hills...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

Booked yesterday from Newark to Belize City. Delta $289 April 2017

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

We paid ~$460 a person RT from Pittsburgh, which is a steal by our standards (the lack of direct flights from Pgh makes it hard sometimes). I've always found with international flights, if you're comfortable booking reallllyyyy far in advance (like 6+ months), that's usually the lowest you'll find fares.

Also, if you have a major hub airport within a reasonable drive, look for tickets there. We're actually flying out of Dulles to go to Iceland next year, because flights are so much cheaper (and direct!), even with the cost of driving factored in.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
K S
Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
110 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

$390 through United Air from NYC is what I'm getting today and I'm thinking of booking it - really cheap, although it does have 1 layover in Houston.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Placencia, Belize
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE

Also if you dont want to fly to placencia from belize city theres a shuttle service called GoPRASS that will pick you up from the Belize International Airport and drop you at your resort. If you havent taken a ride through the interior of Belize I would definitely suggest it. The Mountain views are beaufiul . Plus you save a couple bucks

facebook: www.facebook.com/goprassbz

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Reply to: Cheapest airfare you've found to BZE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted