We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights before arriving in Placencia

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Two nights before arriving in Placencia

Hello! My husband and I will have two nights before flying from Belize City to Placencia for five nights. Does anyone have recommendations for where we should stay the first two nights, location-wise? Thinking somewhere not too far from Belize City and we’d prefer to drive since we already have to book flights for Placencia. We’d love to do some exploring and adventuring, if that helps. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,526 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two nights before arriving in Placencia

The Belize Zoo and the ATM cave are 2 highlights for us. You could even rent a car, sleep at the Tropical Ed Center by the zoo, and arrange for the ATM cave trip for the full day between.

www.belizezoo.org

pacztours.net/actun-tunichil-muknal/atm-cave…

Another idea: San Ignacio as a base for caving with time to visit Cahal Pech and/or Xunantunich Maya sites. Or head north and do the boat trip up the jungly New River to the Lamanai Maya site - lots of options!

My photos with blog, travelogue, and review links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Edited: 05 October 2017, 04:48
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two nights before arriving in Placencia

Thank you, @hopefulist - after doing a bit more research, we have decided on San Ignacio for two nights before heading to Valencia. A friend was there recently as well so I am essentially copying her itinerary (ATV tour like you suggested, etc.)!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two nights before arriving in Placencia

I just noticed my typo. I meant Placencia, not Valencia, ha.

Reply to: Two nights before arriving in Placencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted