We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

What is the step by step procedure for getting from the airport to Placencia by ferry...from A to Z? Also, please make sure to include any strategics, cost, timing, experiences, etc.. Our first trip we used Tropic Air; but this time are not quite as "urgent" to get there and would like a different experience (the ferry).

-Stephanie

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
5 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

There are no ferries or water taxis to Placencia. You can fly or go by bus or private transfer service.

Or did you mean one of the cayes instead of Placencia?

Edited: 26 March 2018, 20:50
Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

No. I meant Placencia. I remember seeing Hoky Poky Water Taxi goes there. It was two years ago; and I know I don't have all the details. That's what I'm looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
3. Re: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 March 2018, 23:05

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,237 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

The Hokey Pokey runs between Placencia and Independence. You can get to Independence by James Bus from BC but it's a long trip.

The only water taxi that runs south from BC is a water taxi that goes to Dangriga -- once a week on Fridays.

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
Nebraska
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...

I think hokybpoky just crosses the channel from the main part of the country, so a short hop. I would imagine you could do a private motorboat or sailboat charter for the trip though?

Reply to: What is the PROCESS to get from BZE to Placencia by Ferry...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted