We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
142 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

This is one of the places we are considering staying at while in Belize. It has several reviews (tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS) but all the reviews are from people where that is their only review. My husband tends to be a little suspicious, so I thought I'd ask here! It looks like a nice place, not beach front, but on the canal a couple blocks from the beach. The price is great ($75 in low season) for an entire house. I like that it's in town. Anyone know anything?

It's down to this rental or the Maya Beach hotel (Dreamsicle house, lower level) which also looks great, but is not directly in town.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Orange Beach,AL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

Maya Lodge is located in walking distance to all Placencia Village has to offer. Its a spacious accommodation and a great deal.. Its owned by Americans and managed by Stefano, who manages several properties in Placencia and will take good care of you during your stay. Check out www.mayalodge.com or e-mail the owners at maya-lodge@hotmail.. Have a great time!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

Dreamsicle is a nice house managed by Maya Beach Inn and Bistro (with pool) which is one of the best restaurants in the country, albeit 9 miles from the village and the proprietors do a great job for their guests.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

I believe that either accommodation will be as advertised, the main question you need to ask is, do you want to be in the centre of things or out of town.

Personally I like to stay in Placencia village itself when I spend the odd night on the Penninsula, but that's probably because it makes a nice change from where I live which is very quiet indeed.

The restaurant at Maya Beach Inn has good food and the most impeccable service I have encountered in Belize.

4. Re: anyone have info about Maya Lodge in Placencia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 05:16