We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flyfishing lodges

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Flyfishing lodges

Can anyone recommend a lodge or place that offers flyfishing? I took my dad up to Ambergris last year and he had a blast catching permit. I'm wondering about the fishing around Placencia.

Thanks for any info.

G.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flyfishing lodges

Placencia has very good fly fishing and guides and has a few lodges that concentrate on fly fishing, as do the lodges on the outer atolls and Belize River Lodge near the Intl airport

Edited: 06 February 2011, 23:14
Placencia en Belice...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flyfishing lodges

Alfonso is one of the better flyfishing experts. Call on us in Michelo Suites in Placencia and we will get you in contact.

Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flyfishing lodges

I believe that all hotels and resorts in Placencia can put you together with good fly fishing guides in Placencia, where it is considered a world class permit fishing destination.

Depending on what you want to spend on accommodations, you can find all rate levels. Check www.placencia.com for a list of accommodations. If you want to stay near the village check the map here for a listing of the locations on a map. http://www.aplaceinbelize.com/map.html. This map shows the Peninsula as well as village accommodations and other businesses, in all price ranges.

Placencia en Belice...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flyfishing lodges

Could you check the internet address of site where you can find the map of Placencia, because clicking on it returns 404 (Page Not Found) Error

Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flyfishing lodges

Yes, you're right. If you just click on the link you get an error message, but if you copy and paste into your address bar it connects fine.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flyfishing lodges

try placencia.com

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flyfishing lodges

The problem with the link is the period at the end of the sentence became part of the URL. Here's the clean link...

http://www.aplaceinbelize.com/map.html

8. Re: Flyfishing lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:17