We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tikal to Placencia in one day?

Alert Bay, BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tikal to Placencia in one day?

I am hoping to travel from Tikal on a Sunday to Placencia. Can it be done or am I too optimistic? My thoughts are to get to BC regional airport and then fly to Placencia from there. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

Here's the website for Tropic Air. You will have to fly into BZE. Timing will determine if you can take the cab to Municipal and fly to Placencia from there.

http://www.tropicair.com/index.cfm

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

You could also bus it in 6 hours. But flying would be faster, yet waaaaaayyyyyy more expensive.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

You'll need the first flight from Flores to BZE on Tropic and then the next flight to Placencia, easy. The second and last flight from Flores arrives at BZE after the last flight to Placencia

Alert Bay, BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

Am I reading it right? the bus is ONLY 6 hours from Tikal to Placnecia? I live on Vancouver Island it takes me 6 hours to get from my house to Victoria that includes a ferry. I was thinking it might be 12 hours or more. Small countries are lovely aren't they!?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

From Flores to the Belize side of the border by express bus or car -- about 3 hours.

Border to Belmopan by bus -- about an hour

Belmopan to Placencia by bus -- about 3 hours

or

Belmopan to Independence to Placencia by James bus & Hokey Pokey water taxi -- about 3.5 hours

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
280 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

You can also get a direct shuttle from Tikal to Placencia - total time of travel should be less than 5 hours and there are a few people in placencia that offer this service.

There is no direct bus so you would need to bus hop like 4 times.

1 - Flores - Belize border

2- Border to Belmopan

3 - Belmopan to Dangriga

4 - Dangriga to Placencia

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

Barefoot Rentals in Placencia offer transfers I believe. Ask for Meg.

8. Re: Tikal to Placencia in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19