We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropic Air

St. Louis
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Tropic Air

We are goign to Placencia in just about 2 weeks, and we are planning on taking tropic air back to the belize city international airport on our way home. I was wondering if they are good about being on time, and if they often if ever cancel flights due to bad weather or not being completely booked. I just want to make sure we make it back to belize city, to make our flight home.

Thanks in advance

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropic Air

theyare fine

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropic Air

If the weather is bad enough for Tropic to cancel, you wouldn't want to be in the air.

I've flown on Tropic at least 50 times, probably more, and can recall only one slightly late flight. No cancellations.

Do plan to be at the international airport two hours before your flight.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropic Air

most of their flights are about 15 to 30 minutes long so no big deal.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropic Air

I usually recommend to friends that they bus down the Hummingbird Highway, and then fly back so they see the beautiful hills from both angles. The flight is a quick one, and we've never had any problems. It saves a lot of travel time on the departure date, but like mentioned above, do try to get to the international airport 2 hours before your flight.

Happy flying!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropic Air

Thank You for all of your help. We are planning on driving down to Placencia and flying back, because we definately want to see the terrain from both land and air.

Thanks again

puget sound
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropic Air

We just flew back from San Pefro and are waiting to check in for our flight back home here at BZE the past two days there have been big thunder stoms and all flights seem to go off on time. Our flight was right on time..

Placencia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropic Air

Tropic Air has an incredible safety record, from Placencia to International is 35 minutes and they are very on time.

Chelmsford, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropic Air

Just a couple of things to mention. Where tropic have several flights going to the same place within a short time of each other, they share the baggage loads between the flights. We found this out when we got back to Belize City from Placencia, as two of our bags were missing on arrival. They actually turned up 15 minutes later on the second flight. On the actual flight be sure to have only a very small hand baggage, small soft bag or rucksack is fine, but not hard shell cases. It is very cramped on board.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropic Air

I have used Mayan Air...very easy to deal with and i think prices slightly better...but both are top notch!

10. Re: Tropic Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:16