We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laru Beya -- still recommended?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Laru Beya -- still recommended?

We are planning to be in Placencia for a few nights in March and had heard good things about Laru Beya, but from folks who stayed there a while ago (nothing real recent). Could anyone more recently familiar with Placencia let me know if it is still a recommended Placencia accommodation? Is there much of a difference between the room choices (garden view, sea view, penthouse)? The suites look nice but they are more $ and I am not sure we need the full kitchen. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laru Beya -- still recommended?

Still there, still doing fine, still good

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
115 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laru Beya -- still recommended?

Yes, Lara Baya is nice. If you are looking to stay in Placencia village it is about 6 miles north of the Village. All resorts along the Placencia peninsula are listed as located in Placencia because they are on the peninsula but if you want to stay in or very near the village where the shops, restaurants and entertainment are then check at www.placencia.com for locations of the various hotels and resorts in the area. Any location south of the Placencia airport is close to or in the Village. Others north of the airport are more likely in Seine Bight or Maya Beach or further north. All nice but I have seen so many posts from people who wanted to be in or very near the Village and were disappointed when they needed a taxi or other auto transport to get them back and forth. Placencia is wonderful.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laru Beya -- still recommended?

Thanks for the heads-up -- very good to know. I think that if we go with Laru Beya, the plan would be to use bikes for daytime transit and get a taxi if needed at night. Thanks for the insight!!

4. Re: Laru Beya -- still recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Placencia
Recent Conversations