We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robert's Grove

Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Robert's Grove

A friend recommended Robert's Grove. However, after talking to the staff over the phone in order to have some questions answered (3 different times) I found them rude. Nevertheless, after reading the forums and the great reviews I called Robert's Grove to make our reservations. I figured maybe there is a cultural difference that I am interpreting as short & rude. Anyway, I was surprised to learn after reading my reservation confirmation email (that was sent 2 days afterwards) that if I want to book the hotel on my cc, there is an additional 3.5% "administrative" charge added. When I called to ask the staff what the charge is for, they could not answer my question and did not offer to find out. I thought this was a well established resort. I have traveled much and have never come across this policy - (which BTW I did not see on RG's website). I feel like this might be another "red flag" and that I may need to consider finding another place to stay. I have never felt negative feelings about a place before I have experienced it. I am still trying to keep an open mind about RG since I have only spoken to the same 2 staff members. Surely not everyone else is the same...otherwise the great reviews would not be there. My friend said she did not deal with the 2 people I have been dealing with. I welcome any thoughts/reassurance. Thanks!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robert's Grove

Robert's Grove does charge a 3.5% fee if you pay with a credit card. As I recall, though, you can pay your balance there by check and not pay the fee.

Robert's Grove is a beautiful, relaxing, spotlessly clean, calming place. Please...don't let your phone experience prevent you from staying there . Remember that our lifestyle as Americans is very different from the Belizeans' way of living, and that our questions may also seem rude, or out of place, or irrelevant, and perhaps you heard that in the responses.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robert's Grove

RG is lovely, wonderful inn, very good value for the money, especially over the summer months. Shame you had problems communicatiing, I'll mention that to mgmt. You might be able to pay your entire bill by check and not incur the 3.5%. Ask them. Or book thru an agent who works with them that doesn't add on cc charges.

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Robert's Grove

Thanks for the replies!! AND thank you for the idea of booking through an agent. Do you have any agent recommendations? I looked at Travelocity/Expedia but they only allow me to book the room. I'd like to book the room, meals and activities. Again, thanks for taking the time to address my questions.

4. Re: Robert's Grove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 19:17