We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

9 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hi. I am planning a month long stay in June with my husband and two kids. We are fairly inexperienced travelers but I really want to live a little. We are also on a budget. Anyway, will the weather be awesome for June? I am wondering how hot it will get as well as about rain. Any tips or activities for 8 year olds?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,890 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

June

Average daily high about 31° C.

Average overnight low about 25° C.

Average humidity about 75%.

June 1st (plus or minus a week) is the start of the wet/hurricane season, and in my experience (I live here), it can be very wet. But it doesn't rain all day or every day -- usually afternoon or overnight rain. Chance of hurricane is VERY low.

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thank you so much! How long does the rainy season usually last?

Placencia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Rainy season is usually June - November however things look to be changing as 2012 rainy season was dry and rain started to pour later in the year. 2013 was VERY rainy more than what i've seen in a long time for the coast (Placencia - Hopkins).

No true way to predict what the weather will be like in June

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

The way I describe Belize - mainly Cayo - weather to my friends: Hurricane season is from June through November, but when the rare hurricane gets close, it's usually October. The rainy season is from October through January(and can be later now due to global weirding). I also say that April is our Summer, meaning it can get hot, and also qualify that July and August in Cayo are usually 10 or more degrees cooler than Dallas at that time.

I'm neither a meteorologist - nor do I play one on TV, haha - and every year is different now, and can't be forecasted, at all. In fact, I haven't looked at the weather in over half a decade except when there's a tropical depression or hurricane. I used to say, about Cayo: "you can count on one hand how many days a year you don't get some sun each day, yet many days get a little rain too, which makes for the perfect day." There are more non-sunny days now, but still more sunny days than most non-desert places.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,890 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

The wet season is June 1 to 30 November, but August can be very dry. The southern regions of Belize tend to get more rain than the north.

This year has been an exception with rainfall for every month since June at or above average amounts.

Next year could be below average. Who knows?

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

So a little sunshine and a little rain, a bit like life! Sounds wonderful.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Exactly, just like life! It reminds me of living on Maui, where it rains a little every day in the afternoon, and everyone looks forward to it.

I personally tend to draw a big distinction between 'hurricane season' and 'rainy season' here from all the friends and family that have lived here over the last 5 decades. Hence the explanation above.

8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:33
Edited: 25 January 2014, 07:33
9. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:17