We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Milpa

Montreal
Level Contributor
47 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
La Milpa

I've read great reviews of the La Milpa Field station on Trip Advisor and in guide books. From what I've read, this is an excellent experience and good value.

However, when I looked to book online, the price comes out to about $500/ night for a standard cabin with 2 adults and a child (our 2nd child is under 6 yrs therefore free). It is all inclusive, but seems crazy for the standard of accommodation. The suppers are $25 per person... we would never spend this much when eating out even in a large city. I mean, kids just don't eat that much! Honestly, even for myself I've rarely spent that much on a meal. I tried to email them to see if there's a way to adjust to reflect child rates, but haven't heard back.

Can anyone comment on the value of this accommodation/meal/tour plan as well as provide me with an email contact? Their contact form does not work online.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Milpa

http://www.pfbelize.org/

Look at both La Milpa and Hillbank and also, at Lamanai Outpost lodge in the same area

Montreal
Level Contributor
47 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Milpa

Thanks to someone who private messaged me, I can share the email address:

tourism@pfbelize.org

They responded within a day and are offering half price for children's meals and children stay free in the cabana. This makes the experience affordable for families.

The contact form worked on a PC, but not on my Mac.

Reply to: La Milpa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted