We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

Washington
2 posts
Save Topic
Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

Can anyone give me the real scoop on this place, some review say its okay, others say its terrible.

califronia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

did you ever get a reply or info on this place. I'm booking it right now with RCI who has imformed me that it is a downgrade from what I own and went on an on about how I am 'completely on my own' if I don't like it etc etc. It, of course, looks OK on the internet.....how bad can it be???

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,765 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

I've not been, but know its not up to snuff and if your RCI people are telling you the same, believe them. Banyan Bay is an RCI time share, see if thats available. I know one is beach and the other jungle. If you want to visit the jungle in Toledo, there are other places I'd look at first, Lodge at Bigs Falls, Machaca Lodge.

california
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

to be honest with everyone .. i visited cuxlin ha... its not a resort like u think ... its more of a down to earth kind of place...u really get to know the true culture of belize there. the meals are excelent its like having yuor grandma cooking everyday.. although the rooms and the houses smell earthy... they are very cute... teh pool is beautiful.

florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

The "Real Scoop" on Cuxlin Ha is that is like no where else you have been before. It is a laid back, family style community located in the midst of a Maya Village, where Mayan families live in traditional homes, and cook over wood fired ovens. Guests are encouraged to get to know the Maya and learn about their culture, from the past to the present.. Rooms are clean, have hot showers and have kitchens. Food is served family style complete with family style discussions.

Cuxlin Ha is located on a river and is about 10 miles from the Caribbean. There is an associated resort, Reef World, on an island, that is near the barrier reef and is an excellent place for snorkeling.

We enjoyed our visit so much we may retire here.

Walnut, California
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

If you are looking to stay at a luxurious five star resort, Cuxlin Ha is not the place for you. This resort is located in the jungle and is owned by an American couple who purchased the land and built their home there. They added about 6 one bedroom suites to their home. Each suite has a kitchen, living room and bathroom. If you are an RCI member the picture in your RCI book shows the building.

There are also, 2 two bedroom huts on the property built right along the rivers edge. This is where we stayed. We were 4 adults and 2 children(ages 6 and 1). We were comfortable here. We had a full kitchen with a dining area, a living room and two bathrooms. There is a t.v., but there is no reception,no cable nor satellite. You can rent vhs videos from the owners or take your own. When you stay at this resort you do not have any maid service nor room service. You need to make your own beds, wash your own dishes, clean and sweep up your own mess and take out your own trash. While we stayed here we went into town and purchased food at the market and cooked our own meals. Also, we went to the fresh fish market and bought fresh lobster,fish,and shrimp and made ourselves some delicious meals. The owner will cook for you at her house(main bldg.)for a fee and you eat at her large dining area. We ate with her a couple of times when we first arrived to the resort. Just let her know what you want to eat and she'll make it for you.

While we stayed at this resort we were the only visitors on the property. We had the place all to ourselves. Well, not really to ourselves. When you come to this resort you will be living amongst the Mayan people. When the american couple purchased the property they wanted to help the Mayan people so they allowed them to build their own huts and live in the resort area. This was a great educational experience for us and our children. We observed the Mayans performing their daily activities, such as washing their clothes on the river, repairing their huts,cooking,and playing. They also liked mingling with us, though they spoke very little English. They also will cook a Mayan meal for you for a fee. Our children enjoyed playing with their children.

There is also a pool on the property surrounded by lush green vegetation with views of the jungle. While we were there we had the pool all to ourselves. It was so calm and relaxing. You will encounter lizards, iguanas,geckos, frogs, birds, butterflies and moths of all colors.

There were lots of activities to do. We went into a bat cave, we went on a canoe ride on the river, we went to a butterfly farm, we saw some Mayan ruins, we went on a boat trip searching for manatees,we went to a fort on one of the keyes(islands)and we went to a coral reef.

The coral reef topped off the whole trip. It was so beautiful and untouched with white soft sand and cristaline water. I sat in the shallow water with my one year old and we held seastars in our hands and observed fish of all types and sizes swimming amongst us without snorkeling gear. My husband snorkeled in a deeper area not too far from me an observed lobsters, shrimp, moray eels, octopus and so much more sealife.

If you are down to earth,free spirited, open minded, and nature loving Cuxlin Ha is the place for you. We definitely will be coming back.

Walnut, California
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

If you are looking to stay at a luxurious five star resort, Cuxlin Ha is not the place for you. This resort is located in the jungle and is owned by an American couple who purchased the land and built their home there. They added about 6 one bedroom suites to their home. Each suite has a kitchen, living room and bathroom. If you are an RCI member the picture in your RCI book shows the building.

There are also, 2 two bedroom huts on the property built right along the rivers edge. This is where we stayed. We were 4 adults and 2 children(ages 6 and 1). We were comfortable here. We had a full kitchen with a dining area, a living room and two bathrooms. There is a t.v., but there is no reception,no cable nor satellite. You can rent vhs videos from the owners or take your own. When you stay at this resort you do not have any maid service nor room service. You need to make your own beds, wash your own dishes, clean and sweep up your own mess and take out your own trash. While we stayed here we went into town and purchased food at the market and cooked our own meals. Also, we went to the fresh fish market and bought fresh lobster,fish,and shrimp and made ourselves some delicious meals. The owner will cook for you at her house(main bldg.)for a fee and you eat at her large dining area. We ate with her a couple of times when we first arrived to the resort. Just let her know what you want to eat and she'll make it for you.

While we stayed at this resort we were the only visitors on the property. We had the place all to ourselves. Well, not really to ourselves. When you come to this resort you will be living amongst the Mayan people. When the american couple purchased the property they wanted to help the Mayan people so they allowed them to build their own huts and live in the resort area. This was a great educational experience for us and our children. We observed the Mayans performing their daily activities, such as washing their clothes on the river, repairing their huts,cooking,and playing. They also liked mingling with us, though they spoke very little English. They also will cook a Mayan meal for you for a fee. Our children enjoyed playing with their children.

There is also a pool on the property surrounded by lush green vegetation with views of the jungle. While we were there we had the pool all to ourselves. It was so calm and relaxing. You will encounter lizards, iguanas,geckos, frogs, birds, butterflies and moths of all colors.

There were lots of activities to do. We went into a bat cave, we went on a canoe ride on the river, we went to a butterfly farm, we saw some Mayan ruins, we went on a boat trip searching for manatees,we went to a fort on one of the keyes(islands)and we went to a coral reef.

The coral reef topped off the whole trip. It was so beautiful and untouched with white soft sand and cristaline water. I sat in the shallow water with my one year old and we held seastars in our hands and observed fish of all types and sizes swimming amongst us without snorkeling gear. My husband snorkeled in a deeper area not too far from me an observed lobsters, shrimp, moray eels, octopus and so much more sealife.

If you are down to earth,free spirited, open minded, and nature loving Cuxlin Ha is the place for you. We definitely will be coming back.

WA state
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

Did you go to Cuxlin Ha Village? How was your stay?

Thank you,

C. Long

cclong@whidbey.net

8. Re: Cuxlin Ha Village Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 16:16