We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just how hot are the hot springs?

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just how hot are the hot springs?

This may just be the silliest question ever on the forum but I'm a couple months pregnant and my doc said I should stay out of hot tubs to prevent getting my core body temp up to high.

We're leaving for costa rica next week and had been planning on going to the hot springs and really looking fwd to it. Does anyone know if there are pools of different temps at the various spas? We were planning on checking out Tabacon and Eco Therm. Any info would be helpful...even if it means I should sit on the edge and warm my feet :o(

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just how hot are the hot springs?

Pool temperatures range between 25-40º C (that's about 77-104º F) so you can pick the temperatute thats best for you. I don't know if 77º F is still too hot. There is also a small regular cold pool and a "cold water" stream along the back of the property although "cold" is just a relative term.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just how hot are the hot springs?

I just come back from Tabacon I asked them and they toll me that they have pools from 36 up to 42...and when I asked them about your special case...they tolll me that with thi grades information...to please ask your Dr.

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

3. Re: Just how hot are the hot springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 08:29