We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips in Los Suenos, Golfito, Quepos & Drake's Bay

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
day trips in Los Suenos, Golfito, Quepos & Drake's Bay

We are doing a Windjammer cruise and expect to have about a day in each of these ports. Although the ship will have some planned excursions available, I may want to organize my own (with a family of 5 usually cheaper than their set price). Any recommendations of tour companies, guides, etc?

I know in Quepos the recommended trip is to Manuel Antonio, but there is also a whitewater rafting trip - don't know which to choose. Is it possible to do both in one day? This may be our only chance to whitewater as the kids are too young but can stay with the kids' program on the ship.

I believe in Drake's Bay an option is a dive trip to Canos Island. If ship doesn't offer, can someone recommend a tour operator? We would love to get in some diving as we are just getting certified before we go.

Have no idea what to do in Golfito. The tour books don't have many options.

Los Suenos is the port we are leaving out of. We may only have a 1/2 day there - recommendations?

thanks for everyone's help & advice - we are excited about our trip.

Beth in Dallas

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips in Los Suenos, Golfito, Quepos & Drake's Bay

I'm still looking for things to do in these areas. If you can recommend any tour operators, guides, etc I would appreciate it.

I now have a pretty good idea what days we will be in each area, so want to start setting up some trips.

thanks for any advice anyone can give us.

2. Re: day trips in Los Suenos, Golfito, Quepos & Drake's Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:21