We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Osa help please

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Need Osa help please

We are beginning to research a place to stay for our honeymoon. We have been to CR twice and our wedding, in Manuel Antonio August '08, will be our third. We are thinking about taking a trip down to Osa as a part of our honeymoon. I know that Osa is somewhat remote and very nature orientated, which is very attractive to us but, do any of the hotels offer A/C? I know this is a silly question but my fiancee won't be able to sleep without it (very spoiled, I know but he is very hot blooded!).

We want a place that is close to surf, hiking and nature. Bosque del Cabo looks so nice but no a/c? Any experiences to share? suggestions?

Thanks

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Osa help please

I can't think of any off the top of my head that have a/c - most of the Osa is off the grid so it wouldn't be possible and definitely not very eco-friendly. Maybe your fiancee can handle a little discomfort (that I never found that bad, especially at night) for the trip of a lifetime? Bosque does have small fans that may help him a little.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Osa help please

NoleGirl0923: I live in drake bay, there is only one place that has A/C: ojala, it's very basic lodging, when are you planning your trip? because in the rainy season an a/c is not that essential. if you like nature, you should check out la paloma lodge.

good luck planning your trip!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Osa help please

Thank you both! We will be there in August '08 so I'm hoping the rain will keep us cool. My fiancee will suck it up for a few days, I don't want to miss Osa! Paloma looks nice too but which one is closer to surf spots?

Will we be able to drive from MA or should we fly? Where do we fly into?

Thanks!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Osa help please

It depends which part of the Osa you're heading to. I would suggest Bosque del Cabo for a honeymoon, and for there you' d need to fly into Puerto Jimenez. I really wouldn't suggest driving, much quicker by plane - you may be able to fly out of Quepos or you may have to backtrack to San Jose, depending on time of year. Bosque is set up on a 500 ft cliff overlooking the ocean & Golfo Dulce, so really nice breezes, especially at night.

5. Re: Need Osa help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 03:18