We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

Tennessee
Level Contributor
256 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

Hurray - finally it is almost time for our trip to CR. We leave this coming Friday for Arenal, Montezuma, Manuel Antonio, Playa Hermosa trip. Please help with a few questions. We need to pack light - Nature Air flights only allow 25 pounds of luggage. Conflicting reports about what to bring. I am thinking some light long pants, light shirts and a few long sleeved light shirts, bathing suit and coverup (fishing in Arenal and Manuel Antonio), Tevas and flip flops, flashlight and bug spray. Please - any other tips and also, approximate temperatures for August 17-27. Thanks for any and all help. MJ

costa rica
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

In Arenal- La Fortuna

i recommend the Cano Negro Reserve day trip, almost guaranteed wildlife spotting.

White water rafting with Aquas Bravas and also if you catch a good fish at Arenal get Nenes in La Fortuna to cook it for you, its the best´seafood´restaurant in town.

In Manuel Antonio the best beaches are inside the park.

In Playa Hermosa do a trip to Rincon de la Vieja with Papagayo Vargas Tours.

Eat at El Velero BBQ Weds & Sat nights or the very smart Ásian bocas´restaurant, Ginger.

In Montezuma the waterfall with swimming pool is a must, best beaches are inside Cabo Blanco Reserve, a very short drive from the town.

…typepad.com/la_fortuna/home/index.html

…typepad.com/manuel_antonio/home/index.html

…typepad.com/playa_hermosa/home/index.html

…typepad.com/montezuma_beach/home/index.html

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

Only take a minimum mount of log sleeve and long pants - it's going to be hot just about everywhere. I small first aid kit might come in handy and be sure to include some gold bond or something similar for the bug bites.

In Montezuma you MUST eat dinner at La Playa da las Artistas - the best food I've had in Costa Rica!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

I have gone to CR for 4 weeks with just 1 carry on. All you need is 1 pair of pants, 1 long sleeve shirt (quick dry hiking style), bathing suits (I have halter top style that double for a top at night), bathing suit cover up skirt (also works at night), BUG SPRAY, FLASHLIGHT, sunscreen, underwear, 1 pair shorts, 2 t-shirts, 1 sundress, flip flops, tennis shoes or tevas. Thats all you really need to bring. Everything I bring dries easily, so you can handwash your stuff. Don't bother with a blowdryer, hair products or make up. Not needed in CR, especially the hair stuff, it is so humid, embrace the big frizz.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
256 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

Thanks to everyone for your tips. We are so excited. One last weather related question - on weather.com - it lists approximate temperatures for mid-August at Arenal - high of 75 low of 58; Montezuma at high of 80 with a low of 61; and Manuel Antonio with a high of 78 and low of 67. Are these incorrect and should we expect a lot hotter temps. Thanks again to all but I would really appreciate a response to this. MJ

5. Re: Finally leave this Friday for 10 days - Last Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 05:25