We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for the Osa

Kansas City
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for the Osa

I'm leaving for 7 days on Nov. 10 for the Osa penisula, staying in an Eco-Lodge. Flying from San Jose to Puerta Jimenez, there is a 25-lb weight limit, but from what I read I should be bring extra clothes/shoes because they'll get wet. What are some necessities and best way to pack (i.e. backpack, rolling suitcase?).

Thanks so much.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for the Osa

Definietly skip a rolling bag, not practical in CR and it eats up precious pounds. I always carry a large duffle, usually average about 28 pounds and never had an issue on Sansa. I'm assuming your're staying at Bosque? They have a next day laundry service which is pretty cheap. I usually stay at Bosque 5 or 6 nights and can still manage plenty of changes of clothes. I'd plan on at least 2 "outfits" a day, as you will get sweaty and want to put something on dry for dinner. It's very casual there, t-shirts and shorts are fine, good hiking shoes or at least good-gripping tennis shoes (I always brings 2 pairs) and a pair of water shoes or flip-flops for the beach/pool. A definite good thing to bring is clothespins so you can at least try to dry things and 1 or 2 flashlights for the walk to the cabina after dinner (very dark!). Definitely no jeans or heavy cottons. Have a great time.

Kansas City
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for the Osa

Midori,

You're awesome. Thanks for the tips. Yes, staying at Bosque. Any other skinny I should know?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for the Osa

If you're staying at BDC (lucky) you can also have laundry done so don't stress on taking too much. They turn around laundry in 24 hours. The wildlife sanctuary is awesome, the horseback riding is good too. The food is wonderful and watch out for Jose's special at the bar. ;) The trails are great. Have fun exploring!

4. Re: Packing for the Osa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 03:18