We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

Manhattan Beach, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go?

My husband and I are planning a last minute trip to Costa Rica Jan. 4-13. We have been before. We traveled to Tamarindo, Monteverde, La Fortuna, and Mal Pais. We would love to return to Mal Pais, but we would like to add one new place to see. We will have a car because we loved driving last time. We also love the beach. Some people say Manuel Antonio, but then I read about it and it sounds really crowded. Last time we also went during the rainy season so we enjoyed less people. Any ideas would be great. Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
547 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Mal Pais
Mal Pais
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

Perhaps you could try the Caribbean side for a change? I know it's not exactly close to Mal Pais but since you love driving here, why not start your vacation there and end it in Mal Pais.

Mentioned in this post
Mal Pais
Mal Pais
Manhattan Beach, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention surfing is important and my understanding was the Carribean side did not have that. If anyone knows of a good surf location on this said that would be great. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go?

What about further south than MA, like Domnical, Uvita etc? Or even further south down to Zancudo, Pavones. Many hotel/lodge options in these areas and much less developed than MA.

Mentioned in this post
Uvita
Uvita
The Zancudo Lodge
The Zancudo Lodge
168 Reviews
Golfito, Costa Rica
Pavones
Pavones
4. Re: Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 08:18