We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested packing list for 9 days in CR

New York
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested packing list for 9 days in CR

We are obviously first timers. We will be visiting MA, Arenal and Peace Lodge. I am used to dressing in layers for day, but what will we need at night? Do you need to "dress" for any of the restaurants in MA or Arenal?

Thanks in advance!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested packing list for 9 days in CR

All the restaurants I've been to in those areas I wore shorts & shirt, might've worn some capris too, nothing is very dressy in CR. At Peace Lodge bring a jacket and some long pants, I was a little cold there and really appreciated the fireplace in the rooms. Most hotels have laundry as well, so packing less is always better. I'd definitely bring some closed-toe, good gripping shoes for places like the trails at PL, the park in MA and the volano hike in Arenal.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
214 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested packing list for 9 days in CR

Not only hiking shoes, but travel umbrella or packable poncho. The weather changes quickly and rain is possible at any time.

We saw people in jeans for evening-most locals wear pants and not shorts-although many travelers still wear shorts.

3. Re: Suggested packing list for 9 days in CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:15