We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights within CR

San Diego
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Flights within CR

If I fly from Arenal/La Fortuna to Quepos will it take a long time or be expensive to get to the airports (which I know are more like airstrips)? In Arenal we're staying at Arenal Paraiso and haven't found a Manuel Antonio hotel yet, but looking close to the park. I'm willing to spend the extra money to gain extra time, but I don't want the time I think I'm saving to then be eaten by a cab ride.

San Diego
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights within CR

From reading in the posts, I've found getting to/from the airports isn't a problem, but people are speculating that hte flight takes 3.5 hours instead of the hour on the NatureAir site. Has anyone taken this flight? Was the estimate reasonable?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights within CR

There isn't much speculating to do - it can take an hour if you can book the hour long flight, or it can take longer if flights are booked up and you have to layover in SJO for a later available flight. I would look at the Nature Air site and see if they have the dates you need available, as there is only 1 flight per day out of La Fortuna it's usually sold out far in advance. Not sure about Nature Air, but Sansa has a shuttle from Quepos airstrip to Manuel antonio for $5 USD, or a taxi ran me about $10.

3. Re: Flights within CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 06:19