We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to find transportation!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Unable to find transportation!

We are flying into San Jose at 2:10pm and want to head right to Manuel Antonio. But we are in a bind b/c if we fly Sansa, the flight leaves at 2:30 (wont make in time) or 4:15 (have wait and waste time!)

Nature Air has the same times and are SOLD OUT.

When I looked at Interbus, there are two shuttles and they leave at 8:15am and 2:30pm, again too late for a 2:10 arrival!

I am not sure what other ways there are to get there besides hiring a private driver or renting a car!

Does anyone have any help? Thanks in advance!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to find transportation!

YEP...looks like the only two options are renting a car ONE way..or hire a private transfer for $ 120.00!!

Price is a reference..is NOT a quote!!

Luis Road Advisors.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unable to find transportation!

Road Advisor,

Do you know how long the drive would be from San Jose to Manuel Antonio if we rented a car? And is the ride easy and safe or very complicated? Thanks for your help?

Seattle
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to find transportation!

Hi,

You are going to need to get through customs and get you baggage when you get there. This takes time. Sansa requires you to check in at least 40 minutes priot to take off. It sounds like the 4:15 flight would be about right. It would certainly get you ther sooner than driving. I'm no expert but have been researching. Take care.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unable to find transportation!

You would still get to MA earlier if you take the Sansa flight rather than driving. By the time you get thru the airport & walk down to Sansa, it's not going to be a huge amount of time waiting anyway. I would book the flight.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to find transportation!

The other posters are right--2 hours is actually a near-optimal connection time. Allows wiggle room for inbound flight delay, time to clear immigration, claim bags, and get to the next terminal. And you'll be in MA around sunset.

To drive, after the rental car shuttle, a little line, then the paperwork, you'd be unlikely to be on the road in a rented vehicle before 4pm, which would mean driving in the dark most of the way (not the best if it's a first-time visit) and arriving at 7:30 or 8, or waiting till the next morning.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unable to find transportation!

Best bet to grab Sansa- connection times are just about right- you'd be in a really tough spot to try and make it to MA before dark. The driver is an idea- but keep in mind that it'll still be 3 and a half to 5 hours to get MA driving- depending on traffic, and road conditions and pit stops.

Careful with your luggage as Sansa has a weight limit- I'm sure it's posted somewhere on TA.

If you are really, really lucky see if you can get standby for Nature air- maybe they'll be no shows, y voila.

AJ

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unable to find transportation!

Yep, you should be able to make Sansa. Last I checked the weight limits were 25lbs plus 2 for carry-on.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unable to find transportation!

try: luis@tucanlimoservices.com he will meet you at airport at anytime and is a tico so he knows all of CR. tell him angie recommended you

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unable to find transportation!

Hi ...the drive is about 3 hours...easy drive...very good road all the way...just some dealys at the two under construction bridges...in Parrita and Paquita..bridges so call "oh my God bridges"

Thank you Angie...

Luis Road Advisors.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

10. Re: Unable to find transportation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 14:20