We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I go?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I go?

Our family is definitely going to Costa Rica next month. We have a great deal on a non-stop from here. We just don't know where to stay. We've never been before.

Should we stay on the Pacific or Caribbean side? The Caribbean Sea is usually calmer than the Atlantic or Pacific, but Costa Rica seems to have more on the Pacific. What city should we stay in? What hotels are the best?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,181 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I go?

The 1st place to go is to the bookstore to grab a guidebook. Since we don't know much about you, we can't offer very useful suggestions unless you give us some more info about what you want to do, how many nights you have, and what your budget is. If you can't make it to the bookstore at least check out background info and suggested itineraries at www.moon.com/planner/costa_rica/index.html

We'll give you lots of advice but we're much better at reacting to specific questions than planning a trip for you. Good luck planning!

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I go?

You can also go to arenal.net, they have a wealth of information online, and also travel professionals you can call to speak with directly. This and guidebooks from your local library would be a good start.

Good luck!

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I go?

You can also go to arenal.net, they have a wealth of information online, and also travel professionals you can call to speak with directly. This and guidebooks from your local library would be a good start.

Good luck!

4. Re: Where do I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 21:15