We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

los angeles
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

Does anyone have opinions on using this company (and website) for booking hotels, tours, etc.? Are they reliable and trustworthy? How do the prices compare with just waiting until you arrive in C.R. and then trying to book a tour or activity? Are they giving discounts off the regular price?

Pacific Trade Winds
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Nasua Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Manuel's Tours
Eco Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

We've booked our entire vacation with them. We will be going in two weeks. We've been very happy with their service and prices. Those who have used them and have recently returned from CR are very pleased with them.

Check out the other posts on this site about anywherecostarica for more opinions.

Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

Did you look at Wild Planet Adventures as well?

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

We're going in 2 weeks and are using this company as well. Have you already gone or heard any more from the people that posted and should be back by now?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

While we did most of our bookings ourselves, we booked through them for our hotel in Monteverde and had no problems at all.

My sense is that unless you are are on an extremely tight schedule in each place and you are going during Christmas or Semana Santa, there is no need to book anything, probably not even hotels even though we did, in advance.

You may also find that things are cheaper if you go to their office directly. For example, in Quepos, we wanted to go on the catamaran cruise. Iguana Tours wanted $80 USD on their website; $75 USD when I went to their office and ultimately gave it to me for $70 USD per person when I reminded them they were not paying commission to a hotel and we were 4 people.

If you have a bit of flexibility, do it when you get there. It will NOT be more expensive and may even be less.

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

we used this company last Feb. they were quite reliable and good. the only thing bad i would say about them is, we booked a few transfer thur them..while they were on time and there to pick us up even though we booked months in advance, their prices for transfers were a lot higher then if we had shopped around,which we did for our other transfers.but all in all we were quite happy with their service

Fayetteville, North...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

We just returned on Monday from an eight day trip that was completely booked through them. transfers were on time and reliable. No problems with tours and we did one tour everyday. If you are going to fish lake arenal shop the rate. There price is a little high and it requires 2 people. I would give them a 9 out of 10. I would book through them again.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,559 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

With new companies is hard to tell how long they are going to be in the market...if they ask to send full payment...just send a deposit...they do not like the idea...do not use them...

Also if they are located in Costa Rica...ask for the ICT certification number..(Costa Rica Tourism Board) NOT number that means: if somenthing goes wrong...nobody will be capable to help you...in one simple word...NO ICT NUMBER ...they are NOT a legal company!

This companies will try to sell you the hotels that pay them better commission up to 30% sometimes...

DISCOUNTS no way Jose!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

8. Re: Anywherecostarica.com reliable company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 21:17