We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilet Paper

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Toilet Paper

On a what to pack list, they included toilet paper. Is it necessary to bring additional toilet paper? We will be staying at the Arenal Springs Resort and the Monteverde Lodge.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilet Paper

You will get toilet paper in all your hotels. You can also buy it at any grocery store or supermarket. However it is a good idea to have some with you in your travels through the country. The washrooms in places like the National parks or in places you stop etc. may not have any or be out...

raquel

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilet Paper

Thanks so much Raquel. All of your posts have been so helpful.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilet Paper

Thanks Dolphintravel,

When i read the title of your post, I thought it might be the "flush or put in basket" question which sometimes comes up. Here is a link to a thread which is actually quite interesting

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k1663…

raquel

Atlanta
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilet Paper

This may be totally off base but the toilet paper is hard and rough and thin.

I, too, was thinking about the toilet paper in the trash can AND especially if you bring your own.

Tricia

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilet Paper

Tricia is right. Many places but not all use the harder stuff. At our condo (we flush), the manager a few years back instructed all owners to use the brownish unbleached toilet paper as it is supposed to be more environmentally friendly and more importantly does not cause as many problems for the septic system. However, you can buy fluffier stuff -two ply and even I think 3 ply in the supermarkets.

raquel

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilet Paper

You can buy small tubes of purse sized TP at Target for about $2 each. Took them with me on a trip to Greece and Italy last year and they were great!

7. Re: Toilet Paper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 12:20