We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tour Questions

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day Tour Questions

Hi,

My boyfriend and i are going to be staying at adventure inn in San Jose for a week in april. we are looking at day tours below which i have some questions on:

1) 4 in 1 (poas, la paz)

2) pacuare rafing: i don't know how to swim but i can float around and move with life jacket (ive been snorkeling several times with life jacket on) is the pacuare rafting too dangerous with my experience level?

3) arenal volcano and springs: i read some reviews that its not worth for day trip, how many hours away is from san jose and is tabacon much better than baldi?

4) san lorenzo canopy tour: is this good tour or is turu bari better?

5)possible bungee jumping w/ tropical bungee

Also anyone been to waterland? its free for guests staying at adventure inn i wanted to know its worth a visit

Finally does anyone have any other tour suggestions?

Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tour Questions

why stay in San Jose? why not stay somewhere like Arenal/La Fortuna. You can hike, raft, zipline...all from one place without all the day trips and stay somewhere beautiful...

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Tour Questions

My one suggestion would be to take a TWO-DAY trip on the Pacuare River. A one-day trip is a VERY long day. A two-day trip gives you time to relax at the lodge on the river overnite. There is zip-lining also available if you would like, or you can hike around the jungle a bit. As far as the rafting itself, you wear a life jacket and a helmet, receive lots of safety instructions, and the guides are very professional yet fun-loving. I highly recommmend Rios Tropicales for a two-day trip. They are a bit less expensive than the alternatives and the lodge is very nice. If you take the two-day trip, do not overpack. We just kept the room at the Inn. It's a bit more expensive that way, but we did not have to do a lot of extra packing. As an alternative, the Inn may agree to store your extra luggage for the nite.

Just be aware that your day trips are going to be long days. There is a lot of traffic in Costa Rica and it is slow going in many places. Be patient.

Having said that, the day trip to Arenal would be a long day, but probably worth it. We went to Tabacon Springs and enjoyed it. Have no experience with Baldi.

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Tour Questions

thanks alot for the info watsup1000. i am going to look into the 2 day trip for rafting

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Tour Questions

The rafting trip may not be for everybody, but I have to say that it was actually the highlight of our trip. The participants were very diverse, from couples in their twenties to a group of female teachers in their forties to a bunch of men in their 70s who take "buddy" trips every year. Everyone had a good time. I heard no complaints.

5. Re: Day Tour Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:16