We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Air--on time?

New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Nature Air--on time?

We are going from Punta Islita to Liberia to catch a flight back to the US at the end of our trip. We have a choice to either get a car transfer to Liberia, or to take a Nature Air flight from our hotel.

The Nature Air flight is supposed to get in two hours before our flight home. My travel agent mentioned that they are not always on time, and that for international flights we SHOULD be there three hours in advance. However, it's MUCH cheaper than the car transfer. Also, the car transfer takes three hours, and the flight, 30 minutes... any advice on which we should do? Thanks!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature Air--on time?

Nature Air flies into Pavas, from where you will need to take a 20-30 taxi ride to get to the Int'l airport. That would give you 90 minutes to check-in if your NA flight is on time. I wouldn't chance it personally.

Level Contributor
806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature Air--on time?

Midori, I think the poster is flying out of Liberia and I believe you're talking about San Jose.

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nature Air--on time?

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am flying out of Liberia...do you know if the same situation applies? I definitely wouldn't want to take that chance, if so. Is Liberia a big airport? I guess it must be if it's international.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nature Air--on time?

sumi thanks, I totally missed that! Liberia isn't big at all. I think that as long as your NA flight is on time you should be fine then

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nature Air--on time?

Thanks, Midori. That's what I thought, too. Now I just wonder how often they're on time...if they are a rinky-dink airline or what... gulp.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nature Air--on time?

No, no, not rinky-dink at all. Both Nature Air and Sansa are very professional and both have good safety records. With the small planes they are just more suspectible to weather and such, so they do sometimes have delays but I've yet to have more than a 15 minute delay. Have a great trip.

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nature Air--on time?

Now that IS reassuring. Thanks so much!! Good to know. It's our honeymoon. Whoo hoo!! :)

8. Re: Nature Air--on time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 09:20