We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

I seem to remember reading somewhere about a "loco" fare offered by one of the domestic airlines that is significantly less than the average fare. Anyone else heard of it and how to get it? I'm looking for airfare from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez (Osa) and then back to San Jose. We're not traveling until next March. I'm just obsessed with planning and have fun researching. Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

Go to www.natureair.com and book online. I think you can only book out six monhs in advance or so and they only offer two seats per flight at the "loco" rate.

DC
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

Those fares often sell out, so you should book in advance. Sometimes only the most expensive fare is left.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

I was able to book 6 flights at the loco rate for my May trip. A friend at a hotel sent me the schedule as soon as it was released and I booked the same day. There are indeed huge savings, my flight to the Osa for example is less than half of what I've paid in the past. I would suggest you email Nature Air and ask them when the schedule for March 2009 will be released then book right after that. They've always been very prompt at answering emails. (You don't need the schedule per se, but once that is released means the dates have been loaded and are available for booking). Good luck!

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

But I am pretty sure they only sell 2 "loco" seats for each flight, so as they say--book early.

Loco seats for the flights you are trying to book right now cost about $45 one-way with taxes and fees included.

5. Re: Finding cheapest fare on Nature or Sansa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:22