We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Topic
Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

I am a frequent traveler to Costa Rica and about a month or so after my trip a fee occasionally appears on my credit/debit card: SERV.AEREOS NACION with a purchase number and San Jose Costa Rica. It is a B of A card. I am VERY conscious about where I use my credit/debit card. In fact I only use it at the ATM’s to take out money. I never rent cars, do not stay in hotels and rarely do tours and when I do I use cash and pay for food in cash. I occasionally use it to pay for my $26 exit tax and that is it. I called my bank and they can not provide the details on exactly where this charge is coming from. I have been to CR 6 times this year and have only received this fee after 3 of them. The fees are about $60 and the problem is they occur 1 month after the trip so I can not remember exactly which bank I used to withdrawal money from. If anyone who lives in CR or has been traveling there for a number of years could shed some light I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

There have been quite a few problems with excessive fees being charged if you pay the exit tax with a debit/credit card.

My best guess is that the fee you are being charged is exactly what others have complained about as well. A search on TA should allow you to find some threads addressing this issue.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,144 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

Servicios Aereos Nacionales S.A....SANSA

Nothing to do with airport departure taxes...if you ca see the charge was to purchased a SANSA Airlines Domestic ticket!

Get in contact with sales at SANSA and ask them about that charge!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

Ah, very interesting. Somebody had to know...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

Thank you very much. Makes perfect sense now that you mention it because the only times I did receive it was after I purchased a domestic ticket. I will make sure and contact them. Thank you again.

tippy top of the...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

This just happened to me. Two charges of $188. One by Sansa and one by SERV.AEREOS NACION. I have contacted Sansa with no reply for over a week.

Los ANgeles
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

jarguello@flysansa.com

Here is an email from someone at Sansa that sent me my etickets. Try contacting them. Have you figured this out already?

HM, Los Angeles

7. Re: Serv.Aereos Nacion Fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 05:00