We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip for Mid 20 year olds

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip for Mid 20 year olds

I am looking into a trip in the fall to Costa Rica and am wondering if anyone has any advice for a good place to stay for a group of 23-28 year olds that are looking to do a good amount of drinking, eating, enjoy quality beaches, and some exciting activities like ziplining, off roading, etc. If you have any suggestions of places or activities please let me know.

Alameda, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip for Mid 20 year olds

The best book I've found that will help answer your question is called, "Let's Go, Costa Rica" which you can get from amazon.com or from Borders bookstore. It was written by young people, for young people, and has the best ideas on inexpensive places to visit and stay. It also gives details on good bars and dance clubs all over Costa Rica which I found super helpful.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip for Mid 20 year olds

Check out Montezuma. It is pretty small but has a bohemian sort of party atmosphere. There are beaches right in town but if you hike about 20 minutes outside of town you get to a deserted larges strech of beach with nearly no one on it. You could do a tour to Tortuga Island, hike to the waterfall, or take a side trip to Mal Pais.

If you want a larger place then maybe Manuel Antonio, which has tons of restaurants and bars.

Overall Costa Rica is not really a late night country so you may have to switch your normal schedule up a bit. For instance everyone gets up and going around 6 AM because it gets light so early. Happy hour is before dinner so that could be the start of your party time but it gets dark at 6:00.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip for Mid 20 year olds

I disagree that Costa Rica is not a late night party place. Many bars (these usually have a DJ and people dancing, but you can also chill and hang out as well) are open until 1:30 – 2AM and are usually packed and some discoteques are open until 4:30 – 5AM and are usually packed (People go from the bar to the disco). Depending on what you are looking for I would recommend researching Tamarindo and Manuel Antonio. Jaco is a huge party town but VERY seedy, and in my opinion, very dirty and not very safe. MA is where I usually go and there is a great nightlife. There are party/dance options 7 days a week. I know people who go to Tamarindo and also have a great time. If you are interested in surfing I would say more on the lines of Tamarind. If you are looking for more outdoor activities MA has the national park, plus tons of other outdoor options like zip lines, rafting etc.

4. Re: Trip for Mid 20 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 11:20