We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning advice

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip planning advice

I am going to CR for my first time in late July/early August 2008 for a 7-10 day visit. Besides knowing that I am going, I have no set details. I may be going alone, or have a friend or two along with me. I am not on a very tight budget, but am more interested in seeing all that I can of CR, than seeing it in luxury.

I was hoping to see both coast during my stay, but am wondering if this is too ambitious? I am very interested in seeing the usual must-sees of CR: cloud and rain forests, volcano, and the beaches. I would like to see as much as possible, but I don't want to miss out fully enjoying one adventure so that I can rush off to another.

If both coast aren't possible in that time, I would appreciate suggestions on an itinerary, recommended restaurants, hotels, and tours.

Also, I am apprehensive about driving (I am a timid driver even in the states), so I was hoping to use either the bus/taxi or hire a driver. Will the bus eat up lots of precious time? Will a driver break the bank?

These forums have so much wonderful information and I am hoping that all of you who have been there, will be able to provide your insight. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip planning advice

The highlight of our trip to Costa Rica was a two-day raft trip on the Pacuare River, which included an overnite stay at a lodge on the river. On the other hand, that was in March and I don't know what river conditions would be in your time frame. Nevertheless, it is something that you should definitely look into if you have the time to do it.

Mentioned in this post
Pacuare River
Pacuare River
112 Reviews
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
2. Re: Trip planning advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 22:18