We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Playa Conchal

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
234 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Playa Conchal

I am wondering about the beach at the Paradisus. We stayed at the Hilton Papagayo in March 2008 and loved the quiet clean beach. What is the beach like at the Paradidus? Looking at pictures on Trip Adivsor it looks like there are vendors set up along it. Does anyone know what it is like? We don't really want to have vendor shacks set up when we are on the beach.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

There are some vendors...most of the time very nice hard working people...in no way is a caos!!

The beach is a very particular beach...most of the beach is form by very tiny pieces of old shells and dead reef!

My old ancestor called it...CONCHAL...not better way to explain in one word the beach texture!!

I remember when I was kid...we used to camp there...at night the waves hitting the pieces of shell and with the filtration noise...was somenthing else...and still the same today!!

In Costa Rica...our constitution said very clearly ...the last 150 meters from the highest tide...is land belongs to all the costaricans...no body can remove a costarican citizen or from another country from those 150 meters...is the law! And is free to stay...NOT overnight in most of the cases...but free!!

Do not worry...come and visit us...you will love it!!

Hopefully WAYNE...a great person and one of the most respected person in this forum and with many years in CONCHAL can write to you about CONCHAL!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

2. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:18