We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

My husband and I will be traveling to Costa Rica in mid October for our anniversary. It will be our first time to Costa Rica - 7 days with no kids! We are planning on staying at Hotel Makanda in MA for 6 nights - it looks like a wonderful hotel with lots to do in the MA area. However, I am wondering if we should spend some of the time at Arenal? Husband does not want to travel too much - relly wants a relaxing vacation - but I want to feel like we have experienced Costa Rica - the active volcano sounds pretty amazing!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

Hi I personally would not stay there 7 nights but, I like an active vaction I think If you like to spend a few day lounging then possibly it would be ok. I did not do arenal my fist trip buta am going in Jan

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

We stayed in MA in April for 5 nights, and I could easily have been there for another two or three nights. But, I'm not someone who likes to travel around a lot. I was looking for a relaxing, stay-put vacation with a minimum on the traveling around - so it was great for me. We also stayed at Buena Vista Villas so we had a beach right on the property - that certainly helped, I think.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

I really prefer a mix of being active and relaxing on vacation. That being said, I would recommend splitting your time between MA and Arenal. You can be as active or still as you want to be in either place- but with some very nice options in both places and you will get a better perspective of the country. In MA you can relax at the beach and in Arenal you can relax on a rocking chair with an amazing view of a volcano.

Enjoy your trip!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

I could live there so I think a 7 day visit can be very enjoyable for you there. I spent 2 weeks and enjoyed everyday. You can enjoy simple things on a longer trip like sitting in town sipping on a drink and people watching. You can get a feel for the day to day of a place. This type of perception is not accomplished in a whirlwind trip. I took yoga classes several times in town. Spent time at the beach, spent time reading at the pool, visited the national park, did a tour at The Raimaker Rainforest, drinks in Quepos before dinner and had long enjoyable dinners in restaurants. There are many tours you can take part in also if you are interested in activities.

5. Re: 7 days in Manual Antonio too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 01:19