We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in Costa Rica

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Dancing in Costa Rica

Hello,

My best friend and I will be in Costa Rica the last 10 days in August and we both love dancing (salsa, merengue, reggaeton...). We not experts by any mean, but, we absolutely love to dance. We don't have an itinerary yet (definitely going to try for Arenal, San Jose and Manuel Antonio) but am wondering if people have recommendations (or warnings) for places/cities we could go (or not go) in Costa Rica to dance? I heard that Arenal doesn't have much night life, which is fine, that's when we can catch up on sleep! And we will most likely check out El Pueblo in San Jose. We are both fluent in spanish.

Thank you!

Alissa

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

In Manuel Antonio check out Bambu Jam. They have Latin Music and people get up and dance at least onece a week - Fridays. You can call tehm to see what is happening on what days. Also they usually post their schedule outside the hardware store across from the Quepos Bbus station.

The food at their restaurant is quite good too.

raquel

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

Also in Manueal Antonio check out Barba Roja on Saturday nights, Bambu Jam is also good on Tuesday’s as well, the Lounge is good on Thursday’s and if you really like salsa and reggeaton check out the Disco over the bridge just outside of Quepos. Just to warn you the Disco does have a bit of an unruly image. There are occasional fights (just like in the US). As of late it has seemed to be better. I have been there a number of times over the last couple of years and never had a problem. Plenty of non-Ticos go and enjoy themselves. Just keep the same wits about you that you would have at a club in LA or NYC and you will be fine. Most dance places close at 1:30 – 2:00 the Disco closes at 4:00. If you have the opportunity to meet some locals (should be easy since you are fluent in Spanish) you will have a much better time. The Tico’s LOVE to dance and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Manuel Antonio has a pretty decent nightlife. You should enjoy yourselves.

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

We went to Mirador Ram Luna in San Jose and had so much fun. They have a dinner and dance show complete with costumes and then they invite everyone to dance. They show the traditional dances of Costa Rica. It was great fun. I believe they only do it on Wed nights, so you will have to check. The beautiful restaurant is located on the hills overlooking San Jose and the view is spectacular in every way. At the end of the night they shoot off fire works. I think you would love it! Our hotel arranged the tour complete with transportation to and from the restaurant.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

Thank you for your suggestions!!! I feel like I am going to die of excitement waiting for this trip to happen :-| Only 6 1/2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Alissa

"YOU must be the change you wish to see in the World"

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

In Quepos Sargento Garcias (Mama and Papa's) offers FREE salsa lessons on Friday's at 8 p.m. Many of those at S/Garcias head up to Bambu Jam afterwards to continue the party. This is a popular draw at Sargento Garcias and they've expanded their lessons to Tuesday at 8 p.m. also. Ph. 2777-2960. Have fun!

6. Re: Dancing in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 23:17