We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

Cancun Riviera Maya,
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

I want to see the Corcovado National Park as I've read is the most amazing park in Costa Rica., however it seems hard to get there and I don't know where to stay.

I had my mind set in the Aguila de Osa but just read bad reviews on top of being expensive.

Plus we are going in the middle of Aug and I'm afraid rain will make it more difficult to access.

However, I want to see the magnificent rain forest.

Any suggestions as where to stay? OR is there another location like Corcovado that might be easier to access??

GRACIAS!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

There are several other places to stay in the area other than Aguila de Osa. You may also want to look at Lookout Inn, in Carate, which would be more on the south end, with about an hours hike to the entry.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

Can you tell me which bad reviews to which you are referring? We are considering Aguila de Osa as well for our trip back next year. The only bad review I've read on this site is some idiot who obviously didn't have a clue what going to the Osa Peninsula would be like - any hotel or lodge he would have chosen would have engendered the same complaints. Have you read recent bad reviews on other sites? Because Aguila de Osa gets great reviews everywhere I've researched.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

Corcovado National Park is absolutely beautiful, but I would have a hard time recommending it in the middle of August. The weather in Costa Rica is drier the further North you go and unfortunately Osa is about as far south as it gets. You can expect it to rain everyday, with probably a few hours of sunlight in the morning. I'd recommend Manuel Antonio as an alternative. The Manuel Antonio National Park is fantastic with lots of different types of wildlfe. If you still want to visit Corcovado, check out Casa Corcovado. This is a great nature lodge in the area that my friend absolutely loves. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. I live and work in Costa Rica.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
721 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

Corcovado Lodge Tent Camp is right at the edge of the park and, as far as I know, the easiest place to stay for enjoying it. The beach is one of the nicest I have seen anywhere and the "rooms" are just a few feet from the water. The tents have wooden floors and are actually quite civilized. The food and drinks are great. you can't beat the location.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

Iguana Lodge and Luna Lodge...two good options...

I like Luna Lodge ...is in Carate...some minutes away from the park entrance!!

Incredible part of my country ...so much to see and do...or just seat down and do nothing but listen to "mothers nature" concert!!

August can be a wet month...when it rains there...it rains!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

6. Re: Corcovado National Park, is it worth it? where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:24