We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay with PreTeen?

Boston...
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to Stay with PreTeen?

Need suggestions as to best area to stay; planning trip w/ husband & 12 yr old daughter. Want to be able to tours of volcano/rainforest; yet be able to stay at resort on the beach. I've just decided on this trip & need advice from loyal TA clients. Was told by a friend to stay at Paridiusus (sp?) as we would love to do an AI. Help? Planning trip in Feb... is this a good time? If not, when is best time to go?

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay with PreTeen?

You didn't say how long you want to go for.

Forget the all inclusive. They are not what Costa Rica is about. Experience Tico food and even if you don't want to, both places I suggest have good restaurants.

Assuming that you have at least a week, divide your time between La Fortuna for volcano, adventure like zip lines, hanging bridges, horseback riding to a waterfall, Cano Negro and fabulous wild animals,and Manuel Antonio hot springs and tons of other stuff. Stay at El Silencio del Campo about 8 kms out of La Fortuna. A wonderful hotel with its own hot springs, great views of the volcano and fabulous hosts.

Then get yourself to Manuel Antonio where you will be close to the beach but not on it. I would recommend Hotel Si como no for preteens, largely because there will be kids there and you are not far from the park, can take a taxi to the public beach or to the beach inside the park, see tons of animals in this wonderful park and in doing so, you will see some of Costa Rica.

February is a great time to go. It is dry season and is before the rush that is March.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay with PreTeen?

I have been to costa rica before but am taking my daughter in Jan.09 I think arenal and manual antonio area would be perfect. in arenal we are staying at los lagos very kid friendly. I have stayed at si como no in MA and found it to be child friendly. I think this is a hard age group to please. I try to involve her with the desicion making and add some culture to the experience also

3. Re: Where to Stay with PreTeen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:20