We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

I will first admit that I know nothing about Costa Rica and have done litle research so far. My husband and I are considering traveling to Costa Rica or somewhere else in Central America in December for our one year anniversary.

Can someone please tell me if the ocean/sea is crystal clear and blue here? I'm having a hard time telling by some people's pictures that are posted on the sites.

FYI - We traveled to Thailand for our honeymoon and were thrilled with the beaches of Phuket. We would like to visit Central America and would like to find the best place for white beaches and crystal clear water with a nice intimate resort. I thank you all for your opinions.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

Costa Rica offers diferent beautifull clear waterand white sand beaches. For a good exclusive resort with a excellent beach look at Cala Luna Hotel in Langosta Beach. Excellent hotel and beautifull beach. NATUREGUIDE

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
600 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

Playa Punta Uva, Caribbean Costa Rica:

tropicaltales.co.cr/pics/…g.jpg

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

If you are expecting turquois blue water like in Thailand or the Caribean than you might be disappointed. There are pretty beaches but not quite that blue. The great thing about visiting Costa Rica is that there are rain forests, cloud forests, lots of wildlife, volcanoes, etc. Manuel Antonio National Park for instance has pretty beaches with blue water (not as turpouis blue as say Thailand or the Caribean) that has rain forests right up to the beach. Four species of monkeys, sloths and other animals can all be viewed right in the same area. The Osa penninsula is really jungley right next the the beach. They even still have jaguars in this region.

4. Re: Crystal blue ocean in Central America??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 08:17