We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip to costa rica

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
40 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
My trip to costa rica

Hi all, are you keeping up with my blog? I don´t have time to post everything here too, but, we are in Arenal right now and going to find our way to Manuel Antonio this afternoon. You can see what I´ve written at alissa124@blogspot.com

I must say though, this hotel in La fortuna HOTEL VISTA DEL CERRO is the best!!!! The family is awesome...and the SKY ADVENTURE is great and so is Canoa Aventura for white water rafting..

I´ll post real stuff and answer any questions (if there are any) when I get back to the states next week.

PURA VIDA

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip to costa rica

Going next week - would like to know the travels between San Jose to Arenal and then the trip from Arenal to MA. We will have a rental and be driving (the trip time, road conditions, bridges etc.). I have figured the average drive time to be 3.5 from airport to La Fortuna; 5.5 from La Fortuna to MA and 3.5 from MA to Airport.

Sounds like you are having fun.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip to costa rica

I've been reading your blog and am SOOOOOOOO disapointed to hear how disapointed you were of MA and Quepos. I'm going at the end of Sept. and have heard such good things about MA, now I'm worried. Keep writing, I am enjoying reading.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip to costa rica

Hello Lissa.

Is very bad the you are having arent experience the same of M.A from before. About Quepos is a little lovely town, you can find anything withing a few blocks, about the barbed wire, we hads a small crisis during the 90s and everybody put proteccion in their house. Quepos is a very save town to be during the day and a good part of the night untill 10pm, Afther 10pm most costaricans are in home and the only people you will see is people the like to party and everything involded.

Where did you stay in M.A? Manuel Antonio hads a lot of nice very quiet hotels, where the monkeys move around during the day, you cannot blammend the town because you stay next to a bar and the traffic, we have many good hotels away from all this. About the rain, it hads not been raining that much, every morning for the last three weeks have been very sunny and beautifull, the nature tours for wildlife have been excellent and animals have been very actived, you have to know that this is rainy season and the normal weather is sunny morning and rainy afthernoon, this hads been share here many times. Now there is hurrecain in Jamaica the is affecting the pacific side of Costa Rica like all tropical storms do. Every afthernoon is going to rain for over 2 hours.

Manuel Antonio and Quepos are excellent tourist destinations just do your search well and you are going to be very happy with our place. NATUREGUIDE.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My trip to costa rica

Shannon, don't be too worried - MA is still a great place to visit. Great hotels, restaurants, beaches. It does bring up a point I say (too often?) on this forum, there are other beaches other than MA that might fit the needs of travelers better. I am a surprised that so many responses to "where should I go" have MA listed right away before anybody asks "how much do you want to spend" and if they want a less-touristy place. The dramatic beauty of the MA beach can be found at a couple dozen other beaches all along the coast.

MA Park is fantastic to visit, and your best chance to see a high density of animals. But, for those of you that have not been there for 5 years or so - it's pretty built up now and expensive when compared to other options. I think Quepos is a facinating town in a "cultural immersion" kind of way, but I totally disagree that many tourists would consider it "a little lovely town". Last time we were down there we stayed in the Best Western in Quepos - and I do NOT recommend staying in Quepos to save some money, definitely stick to the hotels in MA.

PVR

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My trip to costa rica

pvanraay -

Thanks for your comments. I'm still looking forward to MA. I've not been to Costa Rica so I have nothing to compare it too. And as far as Quepos goes, I'm totally up for "cultural immersion". We are staying near Quepos because that is where RCI has a Condo that we're staying in (Pueblo Real). However we will have a few days before check in to stay somewhere else and haven't decided where yet. So I'd love to here about those other areas you are referring to.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
40 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My trip to costa rica

Natureguide: I´m a bit offended by your posting. I did my research very well before I left. I never said that I expectd it to be sunny and I never said it was dangerous...just very unappealing. I stayed at Mimos, which was a nice hotel in a very bad spot. When I was in Quepos-MA 10 years ago we were also right on the road and did not hear the traffic and there was less noise. I was stating my disappointment in how it was so different from my beautiful memories and in how people talk about it as paradise and I did not see that. I had extremely high expectations for MA and costa rica and will agree that it is pretty, but, I have done extenisve travelling in central and south america and lived in Honduras briefly and found MA-quepos and costa rica in general to be a tourist trap. It will be perfect for many people, just not for me. I am very happy I came back and in no way would discourage anyone else from coming in the future.

7. Re: My trip to costa rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 18:16