We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food at mawamba

CT
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
food at mawamba

Hi we are planning 3 day 2 night pkg at mawamba lodge. i am wondering about hte food. We are traveling with 2 kids 9 and 12 and oneis a very skinny picky eater. She needs to eat and snack often. Is food available in between meals? Snacks? Are the meals buffet style with many choices? Any info helpful in making hotel decision. Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food at mawamba

The food is very good in Mawamba and it is a buffet style with a lot goodies. You can also buy extra meals out of the package. NATUREGUIDE

Alameda, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food at mawamba

I stayed at Mawamba a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the food. I wasn't able to find snacks in between the meals but you can always walk to town on your first day and pick up some snacks from the small grocery store there. (Ask your guide to point you in the right direction of town, it's about a ten minute walk).

As far as the meals themselves, they always had a fruit and salad bar as well as freshly grilled items like chicken or fish as well as a starch like pasta, rice or potatoes. Breakfast should be easy, there was fresh fruit at all times, eggs cooked any way you like, cereal, etc. Be sure to arrive about five minutes before your scheduled meal time if you want to avoid standing in any lines. (Even when lines formed they didn't take long, but I know how kids can be when having to wait to eat for any length of time.)

Have fun!

3. Re: food at mawamba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 15:16