We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver Needed

denver
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Driver Needed

I am looking for a driver. Our itenarary is listed: I was also thinking about taking Interbus...Any thoughts?

From San Jose to MA

From MA to Puerto Viejo (may stop overnight in SJO or somewhere off the beaten path as I understand that it is an 8 hour trip from MA)

Puerto Viejo to San Jose

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver Needed

Interbus is a good option...

Yes from Manuel Antonio to Puerto Viejo , Limon can be around 7 to 8 hours I was there yesterday at the Banana Azul Hotel...incredible the ocean was like a pool table...sunny...fresh air...nice breeze...

Good idea to stay in San Jose...but in a nice car..will be easy to get there in one drive...not a biggie!!

Luis Road Advisor.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver Needed

This are some of Costa Rica best drivers.

Luis Chinchilla as roadadvisor. Luis@tucanlimoservices.com.

Juan Carlos and Rubier at tjtransfers@gmail.com

Oscar Chavarria at cuco2228@hotmail.com

You can easy do the trip M.A to Puerto Viejo in one day, the drive isnt very bad and the scenery is beautifull. Dont waste a day in San Jose. NATUREGUIDE

New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver Needed

Although I would trust Natureguide (hi Juan) I would also recommend Willy at Willy w_opciones@yahoo.com He drove me from San Jose to Arenal and we had a blast. He showed us tons of scenery, stopped at local stores and even set up tours for us. If you want a guided tour of MA (and I think it is worth it) respond to the poster before me...Juan aka natureguide...he is awesome!! Have fun.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver Needed

We traveled SJ (Alajuela) to Manuel Antonio and then back six days later with Rubier (see earlier post), just a few weeks ago. He was great, highly professional, funny, knowledgeable. Enjoy your time in lovely Costa Rica!

denver
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver Needed

Thanks so much everyone. We are getting sooo excited as our trip grows closer. I have sent emails asking quotes from each of your recommendations.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
498 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver Needed

You might also try Wilson Rojas

wilson_elsy@yahoo.com.

He will go out of his way to make your trip unforgettable, and he is very reasonable.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver Needed

www.interbusonline.com

failing finding a cost effective driver above

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver Needed

Try http://www.anywherecostarica.com/ and arrange your transportation

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver Needed

Hi . We used Luis Chincilla ( Road Advisor ) just the other week, He was excellent. Very kind, couldn't do enough for us and took us every where we wanted and then some. Pointed things out and explained things. Lovely van, new , and in good conditon. I would highly recommend him. We hope to use him again next year. Let me know if oyu want more info.

Susan

Suffolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driver Needed

Interbus is a good option if you don't mind sharing the ride with strangers.. personally, it's kind of a turnoff for me.

I was recently in Quepos and I got a private transfer from a friend's recommendation.

His name is Carlos Bagarin: encantados@ice.co.cr

He's a very nice guy, very useful.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!