We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheel Chair Travel in Costa Rica & Panama

PUERTO RICO
9 posts
Save Topic
Wheel Chair Travel in Costa Rica & Panama

I'll be travelling this next november with my husband and another couple (4) to Costa Rica and Panama..

When travelling, he takes his manual wheel chair, cannot walk and weighs around 200lbs..

I've found different e-mail addresses for special sites and found one in CR; "vaya con silla de ruedas", but this one and many others are impossible to access..gowithwheelchairs.com, the page is blank..!

I've read in the forums the way to go is to have a rented daily chauffer, but with his condition it is not the way to go.

Can someone help me to find hotels, transfers and excursions, or reliable operators in these 2 cities; that offer services prepared for the disabled..??

URGENT HELP WANTED !!!

POPOPR

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheel Chair Travel in Costa Rica & Panama

Is your husband disable because of his weight or he cannot walk at all, Can he get on a van. How many days are you planning to visit each place and where do you want to go. NATUREGUIDE

PUERTO RICO
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheel Chair Travel in Costa Rica & Panama

Thanks so much for your prompt reply !

From Nov18-22 in Panama, from Nov22-28 in Costa Rica

POPOPR

3. Re: Wheel Chair Travel in Costa Rica & Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 21:20