We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

london
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

I am deciding with a friend whether to go to costa rica for 3 weeks or ecuador & galapagos.

i have just read the costa rica lonely planet and it did not do costa rica any justice. the guide says its' overcrowded and very touristy. not many unspoilt places left to go to.

Just wanted to know whether this is what my friend travellers have experienced in costa rica.

Please advice!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

Comparing two countries is like comparing two loves...immpossible!!

Ecuador and Galapagos great country...Costa Rica my home country!!

Some time travel writers do not get enough discount or not discount at all in some hotels, tours, etc...and they just hammer the country or location...LONELY PLANET I am not surprised...they have nothing good to said about us...is a mutual feeling...

If you can visit Ecuador and Costa Rica...you will love the two countries!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

Comparing these two countries so far is impossible!

Costa Rica is not very touristy, for example cut Tamarindo and go to Montezuma , Cabo Blanco , Concovado and so on.

If you have 3 weeks you can combine Costa Rica with Nicaragua...

bye

bocas del toro
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

Hey, I´ve just spent two weeks in the Galapagos and it was by far the most amazing place in the world I´ve been so far. I encourage anyone who can afford it to absolutely go as soon as they can before this place changes anymore! Happy travels

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

For adventure travel variety more truly exotic

Ecuador/Galapagos.

Costa Rica lots more tourists

some very nice nature areas also

but for less spoiled Ecuador.

Truly Amazing

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

Costa Rica hads a little of everything. If you are looking for good hotels and easy access to nature, we have it. If you are looking for real adventure nature tours we have it. You need to come and visit Corcovado national park, Tapanti national park, Chirripo or La Amistad national parks. We are a country with a lot to offer for any kind of people. NATUREGUIDE

Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

If you have 3 weeks why not do both. My friend and I are going down in March we're going to spend 5 days in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica then down to Ecuador for 8 days. It only adds about $200 to the trip for mulitable destinations.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

The Lonely Planet guide books are good for other locations, but pitiful for Costa Rica. I bought five guide books to plan my Costa Rica trip. The best one was the Frommer's Costa Rica 2008 book. If you do decide to go to Costa Rica, buy the Frommer's book. I can't speak for the Galapagos, but there are still places in Costa Rica which are unspoilt.

8. Re: costa rica vs ecuador & galapagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:15